Thursday, January 23, 2014

Wisdom teach (by Kurtis Bush)

Today I wore the color gold. An amazing and attractive color, it is associated with luxury, triumph, achievement, and success. When I wore this gold silk shirt, I felt grand and royal. I felt like I was on top of the world. I think of how much Darnell and I have achieved in our mentoring relationship this past year. We have overcome hurdles, obstacles, trials, and tribulations.

The color gold is also associated with wisdom and higher ideals. Ever since I was a child, I have been told I possess a lot of wisdom for my age. I was often called a know-it-all, but in my eyes, I knew nothing. I’ve relayed to Darnell how important wisdom is. It’s one of those possessions that’s not connected with an actual thing. Wisdom teeth don’t make you wise, for instance. (In fact, having all four of mine removed was one of the wisest things I have done.) Using wisdom in a situation allows you to see things from a different perspective. It allows you to make sound judgments and decisions. In this day and age, a lot of youth are provoked with so many outside factors that test their wisdom and intellect.

My greatest experiences have led me to be wise. I witnessed a lot as a child; therefore, I became wise. As an adult, I experience more and more each day, which contributes to the growth of my wisdom. I pointed out to Darnell a while back that wisdom is not only good for him, it’s good for those watching him. There is always someone watching you. We both talked about how many friends around his age and in his circle are leaving this earth too soon because of unsound judgments. We both agreed that wisdom is one of the virtues that the universe is telling him to start using in everything he does.

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
—Jimi Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment